Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Gooney Bird Greene by Lois Lowry
Book Discussion of Gooney Bird Greene by Lois Lowry
Snack Ideas: gumballs
1. General likes/dislikes of book
2. How would you describe Gooney Bird Greene?
3. How did Gooney get her name? How did you get your name?
4. Take two minutes and come up with as many names using the initials G and B that you can.
5. What was your favorite Gooney story?
6. What are some of Gooney Bird's tips for creating a good story?
(use SUDDENLY whenever you get stuck, add suspense, not too much unnecessary description, flash-backs and flash-forwards, start out ordinary and then have something unexpected happen, don't wear distracting outfits)
7. Using a map, point out Chinas on a Unites States Map.
8. Play orchestral music and guess the instruments being used.
9. Does anyone want to share a story about a time they were late to school, a time they saved their money up to buy something really special, lost a pet, or anything else?
Lois Lowry Biography:
Author's comments on the book: